Repost from @jennagoodroe
Important things to know about acne:
1. You’re not dirty, washing your face every morning and every night won’t make a difference alone.
2. There’s something bigger going on inside of your body. the acne is your skin crying out for help
3. Acne is caused by the bacteria streptococcus - the same bacteria that causes strep throat, styes, uti’s, SIBO, bacterial vaginosis, IBS, and so much more.
4. Your acne isn’t “hormonal”
5. Just cutting out processed sugar isn’t going to fix severe acne/cystic acne
If you suffer from cystic acne, you know how frustrating it can be when someone with PERFECT skin says, “Just adopt a good skin routine” or “Cut out processed sugar.” And for most people, that’s all they need to do. If you’ve tried this and are still struggling with acne, you have something deeper going on. This was the case with me. And this is exactly what I did/currently do to clear my skin:
1. Cut out gluten, dairy, corn, canola oil, pork, eggs & processed sugars.
2. Drink 16 oz (one full bunch) of celery juice on an empty stomach - first thing in the morning. wait 15-20 min to eat.
3. 32 oz water with half a lemon - try to drink one before breakfast, lunch & dinner but I’m not perfect.
4. Eat a crap ton of these fruits - papaya, mango, DATES, banana, WILD blueberries, and melon. If you don’t typically eat a bunch of fruit, start slowly. Once you build up to it, you should be eating like the whole friggin papaya, half of a huge watermelon. Eat that baby till you’re full.
5. HMDS. Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie from @medicalmedium
6. Eat a whole foods, plant based diet. Raw veggies, salads, POTATOES, tomatoes, avocados, onions, sweet potatoes, leafy greens, more fruit. It’s okay to eat meat - it’s not hurting you, but it doesn’t do anything to heal you. Fill up on as many fruits and veggies as you can
If you have any additional questions, DM me. I’ll send you the link where I get all my info. The pictures are all the proof you need that this WORKS. I know how frustrating and lonely it can be to have bad skin, you’re more than the bumps on your skin and I promise it gets easier ❤️ I get all my info from @medicalmedium